Communicate Accounting Knowledge, Skill, and Ethics
The Certified Accounting Paraprofessional (CAP) license enables you to place "CAP" behind your name and communicate your accounting knowledge, skill, and ethics to clients.
Become a Certified Accounting Paraprofessional
The Certified Accounting Paraprofessional (CAP) license enables you to place "CAP" behind your name and communicate your accounting knowledge, skill, experience, and ethics to clients. The license distinguishes you from your competition, builds credibility, validates knowledge, demonstrates skill, verifies experience, and confirms professional ethics.
Accounting paraprofessionals obtain the license by completing the required Certified Accounting Paraprofessional license courses, certifications, and experience, and agreeing to abide by the CAP Professional Code of Conduct.
Each course may be substituted by an approved equivalent accredited course. Upon approval, the course is waived but you must pass the exam.
The Certified Accounting Paraprofessional (CAP) license is accredited by Accounting Analytics Accounting School. The school is a registered Postsecondary Proprietary School providing post-secondary education for educational, vocational, or professional objectives.
- QuickBooks Online
Certified Accounting Paraprofessional (CAP) Steps
- Complete the Accounting Fundamentals, QuickBooks Online Fundamentals, Payroll Fundamentals, and Accounting Principles courses or equivalent.
- Pass the Bookkeeping, QuickBooks Online, Payroll, and Accounting exams.
- Verify one-year of accounting experience
- Agree to abide by the CAP Professional Code of Conduct
- Complete the Certified Accounting Paraprofessional Application for Licensure
Continuing Professional Education
Obtain 24 hours of CPE each year beginning the year after you obtain your license.
- Complete Annual Application for License Renewal
- Complete Annual CPE Reporting Certification Form (included in the Application for License Renewal)
- Bookkeeping applications
- Payroll applications
- Accounting applications
- Application for Licensure
- Professional Code of Conduct
- Annual application for license renewal
- Annual CPE reporting certification
- Agree and abide by the Professional Code of Conduct
- Complete application for licensure
- Obtain 24 CPE credits